Clinical Exam and Treatment of the Injured Runner – 03/13/2021
This course introduces the very latest evidence about common lower extremity overuse injuries and links them to clinically available running gait analysis technology.
Out of stock
Name of Course
Clinical Examination and Treatment of the Injured Runner: Hypothesis Driven by Experience, Research and Technology
Name of Sponsor
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Graduate Physical Therapy Education
Kornelia Kulig, PhD, PT, FAPTA, FAAOMPT (Hon)
Liz Poppert, DPT, MS, OCS
In this course, we will introduce the very latest evidence about common lower extremity overuse injuries and link them to clinically available running gait analysis technology. We will enable practitioners to develop case specific hypothesis driven clinical exams including fitness testing to hone in on efficacious intervention including manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, fitness training and running gait drill training.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Link evidence of tendinopathy to the patient specific movement problem.
- Narrow the broad scope of movement analysis by developing a hypothesis driven, phase specific analysis informed by the tissue stress model and the patient’s presentation.
- Utilize the movement analysis to drive objective examination planning with relevant hypothesis driven performance tests, clinical tests and measures.
- Interpret the movement analysis, tests and measures to differentiate among skill versus physical capacity impairments as sources of the patient problem.
- Develop and implement running specific intervention including manual therapy, skill re-training strategies via phase specific drills, and running specific physical capacity exercise.
Course Date(s) and Time
March 13, 2021
8:30 am – 1:15 pm
Location of Course
Deadline date for registration
March 5, 2021
# Seats Available
Cancellations must be received in writing by March 5, 2021. Email email@example.com There is a $25 administrative fee for all cancellations. No refunds after March 5, 2021.
# of CEU’s
0.425 CEU’s (4.25 Contact Hours) – PENDING