Patients with Pelvic Floor Pain – 03/17/2018
This course discusses patients presenting with pelvic floor pain with a focus on evaluation and treatment in an orthopedic clinical setting.
Out of stock
Name of Course
An Orthopaedic Perspective on Patients with Pelvic Floor Pain: Clinical, Laboratory and Literature Informed Deliberations
Name of Sponsor
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship
Kornelia Kulig, PhD, PT, FAPTA, FAAOMPT (Hon)
Brooke Winder, PT, DPT, OCS
In this course, we will discuss patients presenting with pelvic floor pain with a focus on evaluation and treatment in an orthopedic clinical setting. Pelvic floor anatomy and common pelvic floor pain referral patterns, along with epidemiology, typical clinical presentations and associated musculoskeletal factors will be discussed. We will highlight the importance of proper history taking and patient screening. Through example clinical cases and laboratory experiences, we will present treatment strategies for patients with pelvic floor pain that are relevant for orthopedic practitioners. We will present new, yet unpublished, research from the Kulig Lab related to low back pain.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss basic pelvic floor anatomy and pain referral patterns, as well as common clinical presentations, signs and symptoms for patients with pelvic floor pain.
- List common orthopedic musculoskeletal contributing factors to pelvic floor pain.
- Discuss and demonstrate history taking and screening for patients with pelvic floor pain.
- Describe relevant applications of chronic pain science to this population.
- Demonstrate intervention techniques for patients with pelvic floor pain including those to foster pelvic floor relaxation/down-training, breathing mechanics, optimal intraabdominal pressure regulation, and mobility.
- Discuss selected aspects of current laboratory and clinical trial studies.
Course Date(s) and Time
March 17, 2018
8:30 am – 12:00 noon
Location of Course
Kaiser Permanente Oakland, CA – 3701 Broadway, 2nd Floor PT Department Gym
Deadline date for registration
March 10, 2018
# Seats Available
Cancellations must be received in writing by March 10, 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.org There is a $25 administrative fee for all cancellations. No refunds after March 10, 2018.
# of CEU’s
0.325 CEU’s (3.25 Contact Hours) – PENDING